Let's face it, we all have a ton of sarees. We may not wear them often but they still take up a lot of space in our closet or drawers. The good news is that there are many ways to organize your sarees so you can find what you need when you need it! Here are some tips and tricks to get started, including how to fold your saree, the best way to store them away from sunlight and how to create display options for guests visiting your home. Read on for more organization ideas to help with this Indian staple garment.
When it comes to Indian culture, there are many things that we inherit from our ancestors. One of them is the love towards sarees. Sarees are not just a piece of clothing, they are an art form. They symbolize femininity and grace. There has been numerous times in our life when we have asked ourselves - How can I keep all my sarees organized? So here's the answer - Saree/sari is one of women's favorite garments for formal occasions, casual outings or even festivals like Navratri ,Durga Puja etc . Whether you go for heavy embellished ones or simple plain silk sarees, there should be proper care taken while storing them away.
Here's how you can organize your beautiful sarees to increase their shelf life :
- Silk sarees should be handled with care. If you have a lighter-colored silk saree, avoid keeping it in hot areas of the house as they tend to fade faster.
- Always keep your saree folded nicely and store them away from sunlight or heaters.
- Sarees that are usually worn for wedding ceremonies need to be handled with extra care because even a slight damage can spoil your complete look. Make sure that no one sits on them while folding and always stack them vertically instead of horizontally .
- Always fold the saree after usage instead of keeping it open for prolonged periods of time because this will avert color fading or any kind of damage due to dust particles getting settled on your precious creation.
- If you want to make sure that all your sarees are in order, you can carry out this simple test. Just hang all your sarees for a few hours and check if there are any visible color patches on them. If yes, then it is time to call the cleaners before putting them away.
- You must store your saree under cool conditions with proper care so that they will last longer without losing its shine or color. Don't forget to keep checking on them every once in a while to see if everything is in order.
- Protective saree covers can be purchased from leading stores which will provide effective protection against dust and sunlight. You can purchase saree organizers from Homestrap which makes durable and gorgeous saree organizers.
Whether you are a fashionista with an extensive collection of saris, or someone who is new to the world of Indian clothing and needs some help getting started organizing your wardrobe, these tips will make it easier for you. Saree organizers come in many shapes and sizes so there’s bound to be one that fits your space. You can also find them at affordable prices on Homestrap.com! Have any other questions about using saree organizers? Comment below or contact us today by clicking here . We would love to hear from you!